Russell has practiced Qigong & Tai Chi for 38 years. He has taught hundreds of Knoxvillians these arts, & he is delighted to now be a part of the “Breezeway experience”. Russell’s Tai Chi classes are excellent therapies for those individuals who in high-stress life situations and are likely to enhance athletic performance in other day-to-day activities & sports. Russell is a past United States Chinese Martial Arts Council national champion for Tai Chi & Ba Gua Zhang (an sister art of Tai Chi)
Russell leads Introduction to Tai Chi each Monday at Breezeway.
About Master Russell Sauls:
- 50th year practicing Martial Arts
- Specializing in Tai Chi & Baguazhang for the last 39 years
- Chen Style Taijiquan
- Wu StyleTaijiquan
- Fu Zhensong Style Baguazhang
- Yin Fu Style Baguazhang
- Mizong Lohan Chuan
- Qi Gong
Master Russell Sauls—US Chinese Martial Arts Council National Champion
- 1st Place – Wu Style TaiChi
- 1st Place – Baguazhang
USKA Grand Nationals
- 1st Place – Chinese Weapons (Bagua Sword)
- 1st Place – Chinese Empty-Hand Forms
Russell has trained with Chen Tai Chi Master Wang Haijun since 2003:
- All-China National Tai Chi Champion
- 1st Place Empty-Hand Form, Sword, and Push Hands (3 consecutive years)
Russell Sauls is offers Level 2 Tai Chi at Breezeway and Level 1 Tai Chi at Balanced You Studios, 6712 Kingston Pike, Knoxville, TN 37919. Maximum of 8 participants.
Private Lessons are available. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Definitions of Tai Chi terms:
Qi Gong is the Chinese art of Life Force Cultivation. The Level 1 practices that Russell teaches consist of 4 components:
(1) Ba Duan Jin (“8 Brocades” or “8 Treasures”)
This set of exercises is documented to be at least 2300 years old. Connective tissue stiffness is replaced with youthful pliability. Helps to clear stagnation of Qi.
(2) Dantien (“Field of Precious Elixir”) Qigong. Major Qi centers are awakened & balanced via breath training, visualizations, & mindful movement.
(3) Joint releases. A set of circular movements handed down from Tai Chi masters that release bound energy of the joints.